- Do not buy the lie that you have to get into Stanford to achieve a great college education
- Do not buy the lie that you have to be popular to be effective.
- Do not buy the lie that being a "man" is about being a jerk or a womanizer
- Do not buy the lie that, "sugar free" is really healthier for you.
- Do not buy the lie that marriage is supposed to be a fairy tale
- Do not buy the lie that to be a Christian means that life is perfectly easy to figure out
- Do not buy the lie that being a size 4 is prettier than a size 12
We as people often but into the lies we see & hear around us when we don't stop and think about what we are encountering. When we give up that a healthier marriage, more effective parenting or some hard work won't pay off. If we pursue life with status quo instead of some intentional actions and purpose then we buy the lie that our lives will just exist instead of thrive.
I followed Derrick Coleman's story while he was in college, check out this video that is worth the watch of how one man didn't buy the lie that he couldn't enjoy life the way he wanted to.