Search This Blog

Who I amReside in St. Louis Missouri currently, Lived in California & Colorado.Husband.Father.Pastor.Football Enthusiast.Teacher.Learner.Dreamer.Reader.Friend. [thoughts & comments blogged here are my reflections living life trusting Jesus as God]

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Marriage & Family---Post 1000

I love my wife.  I love my marriage.  I love working, nurturing & fighting to keep it all healthy and in a Jesus honoring place!

This past weekend was so fun doing all of those things.

Friday I took Kim out for a surprise breakfast on the beach.  The place has a gorgeous view and the food is really decent too!  
After breakfast we picked up our packets for our COLOR RUN the next day and then I took her shopping to get her something she's been wanting for a long time.  
The whole day was full of talking, sharing, dreaming, flirting and following up on some deeper conversations that have been ongoing for a few months now.  It was enriching & ver fulfilling for me as I had my wife's undivided attention and we were able to talk intently about a lot of things that were critical for us.

Saturday we woke everyone up early and participated in a 5k Color Run, http://thecolorrun.com.  This event was so enjoyable for all of us.  It was something Kim really wanted to do the year before but we missed the registration deadline.  Our boys enjoyed it, I enjoyed and my wife was smiling the whole time!



I've realized something about myself and marriage, perspective is everything and agenda's are destructive.  If I have an agenda about something in my marriage than it is ME centered.  When things are ME centered I'm coming from a selfish angle.  But when my perspective is on caring for Kim and the boys I found myself more relaxed, less impatient and trying to serve them so they feel cared for.  

If you are a husband serve your wife by dying daily to your own ego & pride.  If you are a father help model for your sons what it means to be able to lead a family with humility & service.  If you have daughters help them see the type of man that allows a woman to thrive and live with freedom to be herself.

"Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others."

No comments: