Search This Blog

Who I amReside in St. Louis Missouri currently, Lived in California & Colorado.Husband.Father.Pastor.Football Enthusiast.Teacher.Learner.Dreamer.Reader.Friend. [thoughts & comments blogged here are my reflections living life trusting Jesus as God]

Friday, January 04, 2013

Time

The last 3 years of my life I have been acutely aware of how quickly time moves.  I don't know if it is a 30 something thing, a kids are older thing or a grasping thing.  Truth is I don't like it and I also know I can't fight it.

What I can do is be more intentional about the time I have and how I can use it.  I've really been focussing on quantity moments to create quality moments in all areas of my life.  This phrase isn't mine, it's borrowed from my friend Brian Berry.  

  • I'm trying to spend a quantity about about time with my kids whether it's at a park, reading a book, watching a new movie or hanging out talking.  And in that time I'm watching for a few quality moments I can use as teaching moments or memory making moments.
  • I want to spend quantity time with my wife so we can create quality moments for our marriage, conversations & family.
  • As I mentor & pastor to students I want to spend quantity time with key students to create quality teaching moments for them.
  • As a follower of Christ I want to spend quantity time with Jesus in prayer & the Scriptures to allow the Holy Spirit quality moments for my soul.


I don't know if the earth is spinning fast or if I'm getting older but with the time I have I want as much quantity & quality as possible!

No comments: