Here is what I've learned in the past month~
- As a person, pastor & leader I'll be judged by who or what I voted for. And those who judge are more than happy to share how "I messed up".
- As a pastor & leader many people are willing to share what I "should" be doing as opposed to what I am doing.
- As a pastor I long to see people care about Jesus Kingdom as opposed to their own dogmatic theology system. For many people these two concepts butt heads.
- As a pastor & teacher what I teach that comes from a conviction is ok...but many people will have an issue with it.
- As a leader I need to live off my convictions as opposed to making people happy.
- As a dad I'd rather have my kids experience real life instead of a sheltered life. This will also lead people to judge me as to how I am messing up as a parent.
- Leader conversations are not always fun, enjoyable or pleasant. But that doesn't mean they shouldn't happen.
- Regardless of what happens in my day, I need to leave room in every situation to let God speak and allow him to convict, rebuke or affirm WHO I AM & WHAT I AM ABOUT!