Search This Blog

Who I amReside in St. Louis Missouri currently, Lived in California & Colorado.Husband.Father.Pastor.Football Enthusiast.Teacher.Learner.Dreamer.Reader.Friend. [thoughts & comments blogged here are my reflections living life trusting Jesus as God]

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Just a Reminder....

Here is what I've learned in the past month~

  • As a person, pastor & leader I'll be judged by who or what I voted for.  And those who judge are more than happy to share how "I messed up".
  • As a pastor & leader many people are willing to share what I "should" be doing as opposed to what I am doing.
  • As a pastor I long to see people care about Jesus Kingdom as opposed to their own dogmatic theology system.  For many people these two concepts butt heads.
  • As a pastor & teacher what I teach that comes from a conviction is ok...but many people will have an issue with it.
  • As a leader I need to live off my convictions as opposed to making people happy.
  • As a dad I'd rather have my kids experience real life instead of a sheltered life.  This will also lead people to judge me as to how I am messing up as a parent.
  • Leader conversations are not always fun, enjoyable or pleasant.  But that doesn't mean they shouldn't happen.
  • Regardless of what happens in my day, I need to leave room in every situation to let God speak and allow him to convict, rebuke or affirm WHO I AM & WHAT I AM ABOUT!

No comments: