Search This Blog

Who I amReside in St. Louis Missouri currently, Lived in California & Colorado.Husband.Father.Pastor.Football Enthusiast.Teacher.Learner.Dreamer.Reader.Friend. [thoughts & comments blogged here are my reflections living life trusting Jesus as God]

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Flawed Human Being

Sometimes I look in the mirror & tell myself "you suck!"


It might be in regard to a parenting issue I have, something in our marriage I feel I am screwing up, when I burn a steak cooking dinner, etc.  So often, maybe too often, I look in a mirror and don't like what I am seeing.


I don't like seeing how flawed I am because I know my flaws don't just affect me.  There is often a ripple effect with the wrong I do or mistakes I make that impact those around me.  Sometimes what is most disturbing is when I think what I am doing is the right thing or the healthy thing but then I find out that it's been affecting someone negatively for a while.


I am not a perfectionist, but I am a people pleasure.  I don't like disappointing or failing those around me especially when I want to care for them so much.


The only thing I can do is when I feel like I am sucking a lot in life is get real specific on what areas I can work on.  I need to invite God's wisdom & direction so that my life isn't just about me.  I know the reality is I will fail people in small & large ways in life, but my hope is I fail less & less as I pay more and more attention to those areas that need re-worked.


How do you look at the areas of life that you feel is flawed?

No comments: