Search This Blog

Who I amReside in St. Louis Missouri currently, Lived in California & Colorado.Husband.Father.Pastor.Football Enthusiast.Teacher.Learner.Dreamer.Reader.Friend. [thoughts & comments blogged here are my reflections living life trusting Jesus as God]

Monday, May 30, 2011

Yosemite in May

So yes we pulled our kids from two days of school to sneak up to Yosemite to see the amazing water falls this time of year and breathe a little.  Yes gas prices sucked and when we originally planned this were not as high....but it was worth it.
Our boys love to be outdoors and for Kim and I growing up in Colorado this is as close as we can get to being in REAL Mountains with REAL outdoor life.  

This view is always breath-taking for me.  El Capitan on the left, Half-Dome in the background, Bridalveil falls visible....THANK YOU GOD for being an artist!!


Lower Yosemite Falls

Yep a Black Bear. Little guy but it was my kids first wild bear.  Cole wanted to feed it his granola bear...we opted to let him keep eating his grubs

Picnic on a rock

I love the view from within a tent in a place like Yosemite.  It is breathtaking, awe-inspiring & relaxing.

No comments: