Search This Blog

Who I amReside in St. Louis Missouri currently, Lived in California & Colorado.Husband.Father.Pastor.Football Enthusiast.Teacher.Learner.Dreamer.Reader.Friend. [thoughts & comments blogged here are my reflections living life trusting Jesus as God]

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Moses & Joshua

Exodus 17:14
"The Lord then said to Moses, "Write this down on a scroll as a reminder and recite it to Joshua: I will completely blot out the memory of Amalek under heaven.""

Exodus 24:13
So Moses arose with his assistant 
Joshua, and went up the mountain of God.

Numbers 11:28
Joshua son of Nun, assistant to Moses since his youth,...

Numbers 13:16
These were the names of the men Moses sent to scout out the land, and Moses renamed Hoshea son of Nun, 
Joshua.

Numbers 27:18
The LORD replied to Moses, "Take 
Joshua son of Nun, a man who has the Spirit in him, and lay your hands on him..."

These incidents as well as numerous others show Moses & Joshua together in the Scriptures.  At the start of the Hebrew nation formed as the Jews left the slavery of Egypt there are two figures you continue to see, Moses (Leader to bring Israel out of Slavery) and Joshua (Leader chosen to take Israel to the next chapter as a nation).  Neither man was perfect, both had flaws, but each was used in the others life at unique moments of divine opportunity.  For myself as a leader both of these men have been jumping out at me on a couple different levels;  

-- As a pastor who is a "Joshua" I can be used by God to prepare for a great future?

-- As a father am I actively helping my sons prepare as a future leader for God's kingdom?

-- Am I willing to guide & instruct even if others get more recognition than I do?

-- What flaws as a leader do I allow to get in the way of what God is trying to teach me?

No comments: