Search This Blog

Who I amReside in St. Louis Missouri currently, Lived in California & Colorado.Husband.Father.Pastor.Football Enthusiast.Teacher.Learner.Dreamer.Reader.Friend. [thoughts & comments blogged here are my reflections living life trusting Jesus as God]

Friday, November 21, 2008

Contentment is not easy

Proverbs 30:7-9

"Two things I ask of you, O LORD;
do not refuse me before I die:

Keep falsehood and lies far from me;
give me neither poverty nor riches,
but give me only my daily bread.

Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you
and say, 'Who is the LORD ?'
Or I may become poor and steal,
and so dishonor the name of my God."


Two keys things that have been sticking out to me in these verses, that the request is that the LORD would not refuse me [in prayers, time with Him or my hearts desires for the kingdom are some of things that come to mind] as well as that i wouldn't be in poverty nor wealth just what i need daily. This is an amazing way to live cause really your focal point each day is dependancy on Christ giving you everything you need for that day. Our last 9 months have felt like a daily dependence on God's provision and to be honest i have enjoyed it. Even in the midst of the stress, struggles, frustrations and at times disappointments God has always given us what we needed and come through big in some times of much needed encouragement.

I have found being content with what God gives is way better than having My list of wants. I enjoy being dependant on my Creator and not my own hands.

No comments: