I love hearing the movement of God in healthy leaders helping shape healthy ministry settings! I love hearing people take risks, big and small, to help families follow Jesus.
Leaders that stop learning & "know how to navigate this" are ignorant and insecure. That may sound harsh but I believe it as a conviction. When leaders stop learning they begin to lead from a place that is shallow and non-transferable.
When leaders who desire health take the time to listen to God's Spirit (John 14, Acts 17, Galatians 1) and to connect with other leaders there is a powerful moving of Jesus. When leaders who desire effective and healthy ministry listen & lead WITH those closest to them camaraderie forms and the foundations for long lasting impact is put in place.
All leaders must continue to listen & learn, period! At no point can we say we are a complete leader and we certainly cannot say we are a perfect leader. But what we can say is we want to grow in our leadership maturity so our influence is positive and influential.
- To Jesus
- To promptings of the Holy Spirit
- To those who have "been there"
- To people's passions & excitements
- To your own heart
- To smart & healthy thinkers who are in & out of your profession
- To those who stretch your bandwidth of leadership understandings
- To the thoughts of both older and younger individuals
- From what Jesus guide you through
- The voice of the Holy Spirit from the world
- From people who write & you can respect
- From those who have "been there"
- From experiences, failures & successes of others
- From those who are wired as creative types as well as strategic thinkers