Search This Blog

Who I amReside in St. Louis Missouri currently, Lived in California & Colorado.Husband.Father.Pastor.Football Enthusiast.Teacher.Learner.Dreamer.Reader.Friend. [thoughts & comments blogged here are my reflections living life trusting Jesus as God]

Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Journey not the destination


I've been thinking lately about the unique opportunities each of us has every day to interact with people.  But many of us will NOT take the opportunity to engage in a discussion or step out of a comfort zone because we are either too busy or it's a challenge to do so.  I've been in several conversations with former & current students who are having to make choices that are going to change the trajectory of their life.  Hearing their heart, hearing their anguish, hearing their excitement, their nervousness, their hope i've couldn't help but keep two things in perspective.
1--Being fully present to give them someone to talk with, cry with & pray with has allowed me to have a voice in their life to help them see what direction Jesus may be directing them.
2- Is this poem
  
Robert Frost (1874–1963).  The Road Not Taken 1920

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,


And sorry I could not travel both


And be one traveler, long I stood


And looked down one as far as I could


To where it bent in the undergrowth;
        




Then took the other, as just as fair,


And having perhaps the better claim,


Because it was grassy and wanted wear;


Though as for that the passing there


Had worn them really about the same,
        




And both that morning equally lay


In leaves no step had trodden black.


Oh, I kept the first for another day!


Yet knowing how way leads on to way,


I doubted if I should ever come back.
        




I shall be telling this with a sigh


Somewhere ages and ages hence:


Two roads diverged in a wood, and I


I took the one less traveled by,


And that has made all the difference.
        










No comments: