Search This Blog

Who I amReside in St. Louis Missouri currently, Lived in California & Colorado.Husband.Father.Pastor.Football Enthusiast.Teacher.Learner.Dreamer.Reader.Friend. [thoughts & comments blogged here are my reflections living life trusting Jesus as God]

Thursday, March 28, 2013

A Poem

For our guys small group our MANCARD challenge this past week was to write a poem.  Here is what I wrote and shared with my guys tonight

On distant shores where broken oars are scattered from pillage & plight;
I buried my beloved soul.
With sweat & beads of blood my life was broken by a devastating blow.
I cringed, crawled and cowherd as the sand fell away from time;
Then I heard the voice of heavens grace through the sound of pounding waves;
Being told that my beloved soul could become wholly thine.
It was then that peace called me back to life.

No comments: