Search This Blog

Who I amReside in St. Louis Missouri currently, Lived in California & Colorado.Husband.Father.Pastor.Football Enthusiast.Teacher.Learner.Dreamer.Reader.Friend. [thoughts & comments blogged here are my reflections living life trusting Jesus as God]

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Was is worth it?

I've been thinking about this question lately as I've reflected on some decisions that I've made.  Each of these decisions has been great & a positive decision for my life, but I'm still asking "Was it worth it?".

Was it worth the time?
Was it worth the energy?
Was it worth the sacrifice of saying no to several other possibilities?

Often we ask WAS IT WORTH IT when we make a decision that backfires on us or others and leaves people hurt.  But we don't often evaluate the decisions that work out well.  

Our time is valuable to us and we don't want to waste it.  The relationships that mean a lot to us we don't want hurt and awkward.  The opportunities to grow as leaders we don't want to snub.  The memory making chances with our kids we don't want to pass over.

WAS IT WORTH IT?

When was the last time you asked yourself this question ON A GOOD?

1 comment:

NeelsRed said...

Definitely one of those questions we all have to wrestle with one time or another. I certainly don't think that all the decisions that I've made and things that I've done were worth the effort or the pain... For me personally it comes down to an an alternative question: have I learned anything?

But still not always easy to answer.

Thanks for this post Danny :)

Keep well my friend.
Neels