- My calendar is my calendar. I need to own it, control it & not let anyone else try to jack with it.
- Students are hurting & so are there families, but not everyone wants helps. Sometimes sitting back is the hardest part of youth ministry.
- Jesus will wait for me. My personal time in the scriptures this week hasn't been for nourishment or connection. I feel the Holy Spirit telling me "I'm HERE"...but i've had a lousy time saying "so am I"
- I miss Colorado. I miss the fall, the snow, the seasons, the slow drivers, the easy hiking & outdoor opportunities....oh and the cheaper cost of living.
- I've got some incredible students who I'm watching grow into disciples of Jesus. I'm blessed, encouraged, humbled & challenged that they allow their life to intersect with mine!
- I like my church staff. This week I've laughed a lot with many of them.
- My wife is gorgeous, my sons are young men who need me & our family is enjoying the journeys of life right now
- This picture i really love...and yes I will make a video about it real soon!
Thursday, November 17, 2011
My week summed up
This week here are my learnings:
youth ministry (208) Danny's highlight (193) thinking deep thoughts (159) family (128) leadership (113) my boys (38) Life Lessons (21) Healthy Soul Living (12) teamwork (6) encouragement (4) #random (2) mentoring (2) parenting (2) #dumb (1) DYM (1) Hunting (1) YM360 (1) dogs (1) evaluation (1) theology (1) training (1)