Search This Blog

Who I amReside in St. Louis Missouri currently, Lived in California & Colorado.Husband.Father.Pastor.Football Enthusiast.Teacher.Learner.Dreamer.Reader.Friend. [thoughts & comments blogged here are my reflections living life trusting Jesus as God]

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Good Job Dads

Monday Night I made 39 personal phone calls to students homes who were interested in our high school small groups.  Of those I called many were teenage girls and I notice something.  About only half the parents, especially dads, screened the phone call to their daughter.  I was pleasantly surprised how many parents I initially talked with when I called and you know those moments where the part of the phone is covered that you talk into and your hear things on the other end like "WHO IS IT? I don't know"  If you don't know, but you do know that the voice is an older male shouldn't you investigate a little bit?
I actually applaud all the dad's who screened their daughters phone call.  Kids may call it over protective, I call it being a smart parent.  Daughters may feel embarassed but the dad's just trying to guard some creeper dude from being around their daughter.
I don't have daughters, but if I did I'd be screening their phone calls ALL the time.
Dad's good job screening the phone calls your daughter gets.  Tell your friends who are dad's to do the same thing.

No comments: