Search This Blog

Who I amReside in St. Louis Missouri currently, Lived in California & Colorado.Husband.Father.Pastor.Football Enthusiast.Teacher.Learner.Dreamer.Reader.Friend. [thoughts & comments blogged here are my reflections living life trusting Jesus as God]

Friday, June 03, 2011

My Youth Ministry Value

In the past few months I've been wrestling with a question in my cranial department.  I will admit up front this question comes from a place of insecurity and even maybe some bits of pondering of my future.  The question is "What is my youth ministry value?".

What do I add to the youth ministry world?
In me there is a sense of "this isn't enough".  I have a drive to want to do more, experience more, create more, lead more, teach more, write more, play more, mentor more.....MORE.  The common bit in all this I don't want to ever feel "I've done enough".  To me that statement means that I am settling, feel accomplished & ok with not pushing for more in my life.

I know there are some students & leaders I've had a direct impact on and I am thankful for that.  Thankful that God in his divine leading of life has allowed my life to be a positive interaction for someone else.  That I've had an eternal impact on some people is very, very humbling to me.  But at the end of the day, I still want more & be a part of more.

Some side questions that I've had pop up in my thinking on this topic of value in the world of youth ministry have been;
Is it to just be a youth pastor to the teenagers I come across?  
Is vocational youth ministry coming to a close?
Is the drive to want a larger voice in the youth ministry world ego driven?
Am I content in allowing God to lead this question & not my own drive?
Is this drive for more kingdom focussed or Danny' empire driven?

No comments: