Search This Blog

Who I amReside in St. Louis Missouri currently, Lived in California & Colorado.Husband.Father.Pastor.Football Enthusiast.Teacher.Learner.Dreamer.Reader.Friend. [thoughts & comments blogged here are my reflections living life trusting Jesus as God]

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tension

I've noticed lately that I've had to work really hard at not getting stressed out

  • I have to try to minimize the amount of stuff on a to do list each day.
  • I have had to be willing to rearrange my daily calendar.
  • I've tried to keep my family time as family time.
  • I've had to put away my phone to concentrate on tasks at hand.
  • I have attempted to keep my daily time with Jesus consistent & refreshing
  • I've had to be ok not answering my phone or certain emails immediately.

But in trying all this...I still feel a bit overwhelmed.  I feel a little drained and I've seen how its taken its toll in a couple areas of life.


The tension of life has a rhythmic pull to it.  Sometimes that pull feels like it'll break you & sometimes it feels like it carries you.  The up & down battle of the emotional roller coaster of day to day remind me of why I love this Psalm-


Psalm 13
1 LORD, how long will You continually forget me?
    How long will You hide Your face from me? 

    2 How long will I store up anxious concerns within me,
    agony in my mind every day?
    How long will my enemy dominate me?

    3 Consider me and answer, LORD, my God.
    Restore brightness to my eyes;
    otherwise, I will sleep in death,

    4 my enemy will say, "I have triumphed over him,"
    and my foes will rejoice because I am shaken.

    5 But I have trusted in Your faithful love;
    my heart will rejoice in Your deliverance.

    6 I will sing to the LORD
    because He has treated me generously.



The fact that I am alive today to feel the tension, battle the pull, fight against the temptations to give in or give up....is enough to praise God & keep going.

No comments: