- I have to try to minimize the amount of stuff on a to do list each day.
- I have had to be willing to rearrange my daily calendar.
- I've tried to keep my family time as family time.
- I've had to put away my phone to concentrate on tasks at hand.
- I have attempted to keep my daily time with Jesus consistent & refreshing
- I've had to be ok not answering my phone or certain emails immediately.
But in trying all this...I still feel a bit overwhelmed. I feel a little drained and I've seen how its taken its toll in a couple areas of life.
The tension of life has a rhythmic pull to it. Sometimes that pull feels like it'll break you & sometimes it feels like it carries you. The up & down battle of the emotional roller coaster of day to day remind me of why I love this Psalm-
1 LORD, how long will You continually forget me?
How long will You hide Your face from me?
2 How long will I store up anxious concerns within me,
agony in my mind every day?
How long will my enemy dominate me?
3 Consider me and answer, LORD, my God.
Restore brightness to my eyes;
otherwise, I will sleep in death,
4 my enemy will say, "I have triumphed over him,"
and my foes will rejoice because I am shaken.
5 But I have trusted in Your faithful love;
my heart will rejoice in Your deliverance.
6 I will sing to the LORD
because He has treated me generously.
The fact that I am alive today to feel the tension, battle the pull, fight against the temptations to give in or give up....is enough to praise God & keep going.