Search This Blog

Who I amReside in St. Louis Missouri currently, Lived in California & Colorado.Husband.Father.Pastor.Football Enthusiast.Teacher.Learner.Dreamer.Reader.Friend. [thoughts & comments blogged here are my reflections living life trusting Jesus as God]

Thursday, February 24, 2011

No Leader, No Vision

I've been reading Judges in the Bible.  To me Judges is a crazy book.  Crazy sad, crazy wild...plain crazy in other parts.  However the biggest thing I saw was this simple phrase repeated over and over
"In those days Israel had no king; everyone did as they saw fit" Judges 21:25


Through the whole book It is clear that due to the lack of a key leader, someone willing to submit to Godly leadership and EVERYONE suffered.  People do really dumb, stupid & even evil things when there isn't a healthy leader to guide them.  It reminded me of what Solomon says in


Proverbs 29:18 "Where there is no vision, people will perish"


So self evaluation began.  Do I lead in an effective or ineffective way?  I know for me I have 3 specific areas that I MUST lead in or those around me could be grossly affected.


As a husband do I lead my wife well in our marriage?  Do I model for her that I am a man of character and integrity who loves Jesus that she enjoys marriage with?


As a father do I lead my sons to how to live for Jesus?  Do I show them how a Godly man should act?  Do I show them how to love a woman & treat her?  Do I model for them the importance of prayer, obedience to Scripture and how to LOVE GOD and LOVE OTHERS.


As a Pastor do I lead students to a place of authentic desire of what living for Jesus is about?  Do I help encourage and pastor them through life situations with a Godly worldview perspective?  Do I live what I preach as a model for students?


As I look at life, being a leader in many different areas, I must lead well.  But the only way I can lead well is if I follow well.  I must, without question, follow Christ.  I have to be willing to lead from a place of humility as well as faith conviction.  God, help me lead well.  Help me not be a leader who does give vision, your vision for life.  Help me be a leader who helps people thrive & not perish!

No comments: