Search This Blog

Who I amReside in St. Louis Missouri currently, Lived in California & Colorado.Husband.Father.Pastor.Football Enthusiast.Teacher.Learner.Dreamer.Reader.Friend. [thoughts & comments blogged here are my reflections living life trusting Jesus as God]

Saturday, March 06, 2010

Frustrated

Definition:
feeling or expressing distress and annoyance, esp. because of inability to change or achieve something

I don't think i am alone in this feeling being a common one. In fact i am pretty sure many people LIVE in this state of feeling. It's can be waaay to easy to enjoy being frustrated. Cause when you are frustrated it allows you to gripe, throw a temper tantrum, yell, scream, act agitated, be a jerk, roll your eyes, throw objects, give a cold shoulder---basically whatever you want to do to communicate YOU are not happy.

I've seen some people deal with a ton of frustration because they have some life situations that happen that they have no control over.

I've seen some people get bent out of shape over the smallest of issues.....i think they like the feeling of being frustrated.

Frustration will set in with our lives often and it may happen at the one moment you really don't want it to. The question needs to be how do we handle it?

I ain't gonna lie. When i get frustrated there is something in me that feels the desire to just be mad or bitter. When frustration hits there are times when i don't know what to do. I think frustration hits people so hard because either they can't control a situation or they are caught off guard to their expectations of what should/could happen.

That's it...we expect something. I think at times there are certain things we can expect without an apology. Certain desires, hopes, feelings, wants we have are natural in our life. When they don't happen our 'center' gets offset. We feel pushed, pulled, attatcked....we feel lost. We can't make sense of why or how?

My hope is that as i desire to not let certain frustrations nag me, control me or force me to become someone i don't want to be. I work hard at breathing a few more slow breathes. I try to focus on the bigger picture. I go for a run. I try to let go of my expectations.

Now...who ate all my ice cream!?!?!

No comments: