Search This Blog

Who I amReside in St. Louis Missouri currently, Lived in California & Colorado.Husband.Father.Pastor.Football Enthusiast.Teacher.Learner.Dreamer.Reader.Friend. [thoughts & comments blogged here are my reflections living life trusting Jesus as God]

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

So Backwards!

Brooke Shields just made my job a lot tougher!

She is quoted saying that she
regrets waiting till she was 22 to loose her virginity. She is quoted saying

she wishes she learned to "love the way" she looked "earlier." "I think I would have had sex a lot earlier!"
she then says

"I think I wouldn't have had issues with weight -- I carried this protective 20 pounds [in college]," she says. "It was all connected. And to me, that's a health regret."
I guess for Brooke Shields her waiting to have sex was a bad thing because she wasn't able to live life more freely. To me her rationale says having sex sooner (and more often with strangers) is what allows a women to feel her life is able to be lived more freely.

I guarantee Brooke Shields hasn't sat & talked with the young girls i have who have regretted giving themselves to guys they will never talk to again nor even had any depth to the relationship at all.
I am pretty sure Brooke Shields issue with weight didn't come from not having sex before 22 & that her self image issues or questions doesn't come from the fact that she was able to get naked with a guy before she was legally able to have a beer.

I know that when young girls who are questioning if they are lovely, valuable or pretty read this article those ladies may now think having sex is the best way to fix that instead of saving themselves for a guy who will truly embrace them as they are. A beautiful lady created in the image of their Creator.

So often sex the supposed to be the 'saving factor' for so many people. Something so intimate, special and emotionally deep is what is supposed to hold relationships together or give people value and meaning. So often what is enjoyed in a bed is regretted and devastating to a soul. My hope is that teenage girls don't see the article or if they do read it they are smart enough not to believe it.

No comments: