Search This Blog

Who I amReside in St. Louis Missouri currently, Lived in California & Colorado.Husband.Father.Pastor.Football Enthusiast.Teacher.Learner.Dreamer.Reader.Friend. [thoughts & comments blogged here are my reflections living life trusting Jesus as God]

Monday, September 04, 2006

I MADE THE NEWS TOP STORY

so it is not everyday a youth pastor makes the cover opener of the local news, but i did.

But i did because of a tragic event that happened. We held a memorial service a 18 year old that i never new, but i knew his family. Because of the tragic events that surrounded his death the news & press were all over it. I acted as a buffer for the family.

That day i saw what i hate to say and i mean the word hate! I saw pain, i saw people mourning the loss of a loved one, i saw confusion & i saw misunderstanding.

The funny thing is out of a 10 minute interview 42 seconds was used.

I hope the next time i make the news it is for something much more lighthearted and fun

No comments: