Search This Blog

Who I amReside in St. Louis Missouri currently, Lived in California & Colorado.Husband.Father.Pastor.Football Enthusiast.Teacher.Learner.Dreamer.Reader.Friend. [thoughts & comments blogged here are my reflections living life trusting Jesus as God]

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

B.T.T.!!

Psalm 3:7

For you strike all my enemies on the cheek;
you break the teeth of the wicked.

I love when God has our back!  David has a point of severe anxiety due to literally running for his life.  David has foes that are telling him- "GOD won't save you!"
Anxiety, fear, worry, desperation, struggle...I am sure there was a gammet of emotions that David was feeling & we can relate.  We know in our lives what fear, anxiety, trembling, uncertainty & all kinds of emotions can do to us.  We have situations that make us want to crawl into a ball & hide.  For myself, hiding never makes the situation go away.

David has a beautiful line in verse 3

But you, O Lord, are a shield about me,
my glory, and the lifter of my head.
 I cried aloud to the Lord,
and he answered me from his holy hill. 

David's perspective?  Cry to the Lord.  Cling to what truth he knows from his past when God has moved in his life.  He trusts the character of God!

Then David sleeps.  Beautiful!
When I am anxious, I never sleep.  David rests & he rests until the Lord stirs him to wake up.  Then he knows God has his back.  
God B.T.T.!
B-Busts
T-Their
T-Teeth
God strikes the cheek of David's foe & breaks their teeth.  I mean come on, if you're gonna go into a fight who better to have your back then God!

For myself I need to remember that regardless of what I am facing I can call out to the Lord & let him defend me.

What about for you?

No comments: