Search This Blog

Who I amReside in St. Louis Missouri currently, Lived in California & Colorado.Husband.Father.Pastor.Football Enthusiast.Teacher.Learner.Dreamer.Reader.Friend. [thoughts & comments blogged here are my reflections living life trusting Jesus as God]

Thursday, May 03, 2012

Conception of Life

There are few apologetically conversations that I'll actually get into a debate/argument over.  I've seen from my own experience that there are so many smart, education & knowledgeable people that in a single conversation or debate I will not change their perception or stance on a life issue.  What I can do is offer a conversation that'll help engage them to a bigger worldview & allow the Holy Spirit to do what He does best.


I need to carry myself & speak from a perspective of authentic care with respect to anyone that I could be talking with.  I so love what Paul says to the church in Thessalonica, "we loved you so much that we not only shared with you the Gospel of God in Christ Jesus but our lives as well."  
I love this reminder that if I am willing to share with someone about what I believe the truth in Jesus is about then I also need to be ready to share my life with this person as well.


I do believe tho that one argument about divine influence over the formation of the human body is a critical conversation piece for our culture.  Ancient faith fathers dubbed the term "imago dei [image of God in Latin]" and from this perspective a lot of life is altered.  The view of another human being, their life worth, conversations about science, research, medicine & human care all take a different form when you realize a person is more than just flesh & blood but a reflection of a diving imagination.


TED released this video and I find it to be quite compelling;


No comments: