Search This Blog

Who I amReside in St. Louis Missouri currently, Lived in California & Colorado.Husband.Father.Pastor.Football Enthusiast.Teacher.Learner.Dreamer.Reader.Friend. [thoughts & comments blogged here are my reflections living life trusting Jesus as God]

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Unknown isn't always unfamiliar

When life continues on in a motion that seems weirdly familiar to you, as in there is that sense of "I have been here before", I usually know what will happen next.
I am not a prophet, nor fortune teller. I can't read a crystal ball or guess probability really well. I can't even win at Bingo.
But what i do know is experience, and for me experience usually co-exists with pain. Not always physical and not always emotional. Sometimes mental and rarely social.

Pain seems to be this abstract word we use to try to assimilate muscle and nerve reaction by an outside force upon us in a descriptive sort of way.

Pain is this word we declare out loud of why our 'hearts, minds & souls' can feel in knots of confusion, frustration and bewilderment.

Pain tends to be closely associate to life, my life as it would seem.

Today is one of those days where a 'pain' has reared itself in and around me. A pain that isn't easily describe and truthfully I am not trying to defend myself from it. I see it, I feel it, I sense it and I leave it. That is correct, i leave it. I leave it where it belongs....not in my hands.

James 1:2-4
Consider it a great joy, my brothers, whenever you experience various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. But endurance must do its complete work, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking nothing

In my life when pain has reared itself in my life it has been a chance for me to embrace the moments and learn a bigger understanding of life God has for me.

In my life pain has reared itself now & I am asking God to reveal to me what the bigger understanding of life is. It isn't easy, it can be frustrating and even annoying. One thing i see in the Scriptures is Jesus empathy for those who live in pain. I see the God of the Universe meet us in this life and live with our pain. I believe that my life & experiences of my past create in me a desire to empathize with others during painful times. That pain seems to be more of a desire to see people experience joy, love, hope & a peace that allows them to live life to the fullest.

I desire my family to not be weighed by worry

I have a desire for friends to not be beat up

I have a desire for people who call themselves a follower of Jesus to actually live Kingdom minded

I have a desire for people to wake up to their actions

I have a desire for my life to handle pain & frustration well to honor Christ and lead well.

I have a desire to see the Divine overcome depravity every day of my life

No comments: