Search This Blog

Who I amReside in St. Louis Missouri currently, Lived in California & Colorado.Husband.Father.Pastor.Football Enthusiast.Teacher.Learner.Dreamer.Reader.Friend. [thoughts & comments blogged here are my reflections living life trusting Jesus as God]

Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

Ok this 'holiday' (which really isn't a holiday) is a tough one for me. Not because i don't want to be spoiled, pampered or loved on, but because the term FATHER is a foreign one to me.

I have had to learn how to be a dad -cause all my examples sucked (Bio-dad kicked my mom & I out when i was 3 months old & my step dad would rather scream, kick, punch & shout than say i love you).

However, after being a father for 5 years now and having 2 boys of my own...i actually enjoyed this past father's day. I enjoyed seeing my boys be so excited to give me my presents that they actually opened it for me as they walked across the room. I enjoyed hearing my boys say 'Dad I love you'.

Here is what they did for me. Each of them painted, on canvas, a picture for me. My wife also made me one.
I love the arts (music, poetry, sculpting, artwork) and while non of them are Rembrandt's they are definately full of love.

No comments: